It’s August! Kids driving you mad?! Get them out in the garden! Here are some things to be doing this month:-
• Plant overwintering brassica plants including kale, broccoli and cauliflower;
• Plant your seed potatoes for harvesting for your Christmas dinner;
• Thin root crops such as beetroot, carrot and turnips;
• Stop cordon tomato plants from getting taller by taking out the growing tip;
• Cut squash and pumpkin leaves to help the fruits to ripen;
• Harvest spring planted onions, shallots and garlic.