It’s January and there are some gardening jobs you can do in the garden with the kiddies at this time of year. Wrap up warm though!
– Protect soil from heavy rain and warm it up by covering with black polythene weighed down by bricks and stones;
– Prevent weeds on bare soil coming through by covering the surface with black polythene, weed suppressant fabric or old carpet;
– Dig over soil, the frost helps break up your soil!
– Check tubers for rot and disease.
– Put seed and food out for a variety of wild birds.